Une Tortue

The year is slowly but surely coming to an end....but not without another trip including sunshine, palm trees, snorkeling, hiking, rum tasting and much more... details will follow in a separate post.

It was our second day snorkeling in the Indian Ocean. Trou aux Biches in Mauritius offers a long stretch of beach, white sand, turquoise waters and only approximately 250 meters to the reef. 

Pleasant water temperatures make you forget time and space which can be a bit treacherous when it comes to sun burn (I am speaking from experience).

While floating along, two small boats with tourists stopped near us, looking into the water. I swam closer and when the guide saw me, he said:"une tortue"!
My French may be limited, but I knew I had to watch out for a turtle! 
And there it was, totally chilled, eating sea grass ... what a truly unreal experience! I am so glad we were lucky enough to spot the turtle and swim with it for a bit.


Comments