So what the heck was I thinking?

I seemed so determined when expressing my wish to make some major adjustments in life. I had been thinking about it, tried to visualize it in my mind, revived my old travel memories. It all seemed so clear and obvious as if there was no reason for doubt at all. 

I still do not regret my decision, however, there are regular moments of uncertainty:
Will this all work out? Do I need a plan or can I play it by ear? Will my saved capital be sufficient? Do I really want to backpack again and sleep in hostels sharing dorms and bath rooms? Will I be able to enjoy this adventure or will the feeling of unease prevail? Will I find jobs abroad? Can I savor being by myself or will I end up being homesick?

So many questions...and the only way to find out is to jump into this unknown future. 
I am so excited! Or how my Peruvian host sister used to say: Cuanta emoción! 


Comments