Raunächte

Two years ago, I had my first encounter with the Raunächte rituals. A time to pause, reflect and be grateful.
Back then, it felt like a bit of work to focus and be true to myself. It was worth it nevertheless. It helped me clean up, make a cut, be aware.

Since then, my (let's say) lifestyle and mindset has changed for the better. And on top, I am spending the last nights of the year on a tropical island where the nights are far from "rough". Therefore the urge to celebrate the Raunächte is not that strong. 

Nonetheless, here's my quick 2022 review:

- my year was full of satisfied, easy-paced, stress-free moments, holidays and journeys, time for myself, ...
- even if there might have been challenges, it did not feel like it. Everything that is happening is part of life.
- my personal highlights were probably the pilgrimage walk with my Mom and helping at a confectionery. But as there were so many good moments, this might be a bit unjust. Maybe I should rather say that being and feeling free was the best part.
- I learned or better said I am still learning to trust that things will fall into place when the time is right (oh if there just wasn't this stupid thing called impatience).
- the biggest out-of-comfort-zone moments were to live in a dorm for 6 weeks and to leave the safe-haven of employment aka money income and routine. 
- I met new people like my fellow volunteers in Faro, especially Gonçalo and Clarissa. 
- I am thankful for everything that was meant to be this year. Oh and definitely for the fact that I only suffered from the migraine 4 times this year.

Here's to an awesome 2023!

Comments