Bucket List

I guess I can say that I've always been a fan of lists. From basic shopping lists, to travel packing lists and of course the good old pro/con list when it comes to decision making. But there is another one which should probably have the biggest importance and most frequent use: the bucket list.

How often do we say "long time no hear" or "time is flying"? And whenever the year is coming to an end, we seem surprised how quickly it passed by...again! This phenomenon often even occurs weekly when we realize that it is the weekend again.
I admittedly reached the point where I sometimes wonder about my current age, and when I realize how old I am, I think that this cannot possibly be true.

The time we get to spend is limited, yet we often push away or ignore this fact. And even worse, we spend our precious time with things we don't even enjoy.

My generation is probably mentally located somewhere between "I'll do that when I am retired" and "YOLO" and I hope that using my personal bucket list will help me keep strolling down Yolo Avenue.

So far, among other things, I was able to tick off the following "wanna dos":
- visit Petra, Jordan
- spend time in Canada for more than just the summer holidays 
- walk the Caminho Português
- learn how to dive into water head first
- start learning how to play the piano
- surf in Hawaii 
- own a cat


Here is a list of what hopefully still lies ahead:
- walk on the great wall in China
- be able to decently dance Salsa
- own a camper van
- get a tattoo 
- see Mount Kilimanjaro
- travel to Patagonia
- walk the Alta Via Meranese
- write a book
- be able to play a song that i like on the piano
- take pottery classes 
- go on an ayurveda retreat in India or Sri Lanka
- be able to whistle with my fingers
- see the pyramids in Egypt 
- be the host of a volunteer
- spend a Dia de los Muertes in Mexico, dressed up with make-up 
- sleep in a mountain cabin like Heidi
- stand in front of the Taj Mahal
- be in Japan during cherry blossom
- be able to do one pull-up
- learn sign language 
- live without sugar/sweets for a year
- teach English abroad
- own a little airbnb, preferably my grandma's "Buchhiesli"
- travel to Tibet
- stand in front of the Petronas Towers
- volunteer at a bakery 
... to be continued ...





Comments