Lifestyle

 Yesterday, I was standing at FKB Airport. Outside was a commercial sign saying "How do you say lifestyle in German". On the ad was a well-dressed lady with several lifestyle items around her such as a cocktail and a diamond ring. 

 A couple of hours later, I am in Sofia, Bulgaria, at an alternative education center, where I will be volunteering.

Another volunteer showed me around and we automatically started talking. I learned that he has been living as a nomad for the past 6 years. Riding his bicycle through Europe. He stays wherever he likes it or wherever he finds volunteering jobs. Some times during summer, he even lived out in the woods or in caves, fishing and picking fruit to take care of himself outside society, outside any administrative patterns and rules. 

When I tell people about my story about quitting the job, traveling and volunteering, they are amazed, they tell me how brave I was and consider it special. 

But with this new perspective, I'd say, that my life is pretty normal after all. Life, with all its possibilities, can be so much wider and more divers than most of us, including myself, may even imagine. I'd even say that this is the reason why many of us judge people at first sight, as they are not able to envision the broad variety of options.


Comments