Leaving the comfort zone

I did it. I left the warm and well-known comfort zone. I am at Frankfurt Airport waiting for my flight. I feels a bit surreal watching the planes, knowing that I will soon board one myself. 

Saying goodbye went better than expected, except from my significant other. Showing his affection through words and presents made my eyes fill up with tears. Especially the self made bookmarks showing pictures of our trips exploring the world together. 


I still know I am doing the right thing. Taking the train early this morning, so many commuters on their way to work passed me, while I am fortunate enough to be free, independent and on my way to new adventures.

This will be a long trip with a 17 hour layover in Hong Kong due to an amended flight schedule. And thanks to the current Corona Virus situation, I cannot even leave the transit zone at HKG airport, unless I want to say in quarantine for 14 days. 

Anyway, I am prepared: a big hoody, 2 books and some chocolate that someone left at my car windscreen on my last day at work, without leaving a note. Thank you, stranger!

Comments