Corona Madness

It's inevitable. I am writing this post about Corona because it is obvious that this is going down in history and it is also affecting my trip.

Probably not so much because of the virus itself but of how mankind is reacting and behaving. It almost reached a point where it feels annoying and not proportionate?!

I am not sure about my own opinion anymore because of all the influences, statistics, statements...
It might not be moral to say, but I somehow do believe that nature simply strikes back. Meanwhile mankind is trying to outsmart it, assuming to be superior. 

So how is this affecting me in Australia?

... It is not as mad as in Germany yet, but getting there. 
... Toilet paper is sold out:
... Aldi is offering special opening hours for elderly so they don't have to fight for items. 
... Events are cancelled. 
... Qantas and Jetstar cut international capacity by 90% / domestic by 60% until at least the end of May. 
... Anyone entering Australia has to go into a 14 day self-quarantine.
... One country after another is closing their borders, setting up special measures, changing their visa allowance for foreigners, ... 

Quelle: Auswärtiges Amt 

So if they don't loosen up restrictions before May 2nd, I cannot go to Bali. 

Seems like I really have to improvise and play it by ear. The situation does not allow to make plans. 

Will I end up like Tom Hanks in "The Terminal"? We'll see...

I hope everyone will quickly learn how to calm down and enjoy the piece and quiet at home. I wish everyone posted pictures of families spending quality time together rather than all those comments about Corona. 
And hopefully nature will get a little time to breathe easy.

Meanwhile, my significant other managed to change his flights and literally just in time he arrived in Australia. So we now amend our plans and make the most of it...

Comments