Time to detox


I keep trying to plan my trip. However, I get stuck every now and then, uncertain how to fill my travel time, which destinations to go for, whether to play it safe or play it by ear.
It seems as if my ability to be spontaneous and to trust that all will go well has collected a lot of dust over the past years. I recently told a friend, that the only time I manage to be spontaneous is when I have to choose between honey or jam on my toast 😄.

How did I become so fearful and anxious? Is this a feature you either have or have not – or is one able to learn over time? Someone told me, I have to take my time to detox before it feels natural again and I guess this makes sense.

However, this detox statement got me thinking…

Shouldn’t we consider it unhealthy if one feels the need to detox from a routine 9-5 life (which in Germany rather compares to a 7:30 to 17:00 life 😉)? Are there more components in our daily life that make us sick without us even noticing? Or even worse: Are we aware and we don’t bother making any changes? I will leave that question up to anyone who is willing to think about it…


Comments